Hiring Requirements for WestJet
Type of airline: Canadian Passenger
Headquarters: Calgary, Alberta – Canada
Hubs: Calgary (Alberta), Toronto (Ontario), and Vancouver (British Columbia) and focus cities Edmonton (Alberta), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Winnipeg (Manitoba) with service to 109 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1996 and includes subsidiaries WestJet Encore, WestJet Link, and Swoop.
- Commitment to safety
- Positive and passionate in everything we do
- Appreciative of our People and Guests
- Fun, friendly and caring
- Align the interests of WestJetters with the interests of the company
- Honest, open and keep our commitments
Minimum qualifications required prior to offer of employment:
- 2000 hours total flight time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s license (ATPL)
- Valid Transport Canada instrument rating
- Valid Transport Canada Category 1 medical certificate
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Valid Canadian passport
If passport is issued by a country other than Canada, the following documents are required:
- A valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- All individual visas necessary to operate within WestJet’s network
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA) Restricted Area Identity card (RAIC). RAIC may be obtained during initial training, but must be valid no later than the completion of Initial Ground School
- Ability to operate into the United States
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with WestJet. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!