Hiring Requirements for Qantas
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Mascot, Sydney, New South Wales
Hubs: Brisbane Airport, Melbourne Airport, and Sydney Airport; Secondary hubs: Adelaide Airport and Perth Airport; Focus cities: Cairns International Airport, Darwin International Airport, and Los Angeles International Airport with flights to 85 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1921.
QantasLink Direct Entry First Officer minimum requirements:
- Australian Air Transport Pilot Licence or Australian Commercial Pilot Licence with passes in all Australian ATPL theory subjects. International applicants, visit CASAOpens external site in a new window for information on converting overseas licenses
- English Language Proficiency Level 6 on your license
- Hold current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D on a current Australian Instrument Rating – Multi-Engine Aeroplane. New Zealand applicants must have converted their licence/ratings to an Australian Licence/Rating prior to applying for a position
- Total aeronautical experience of 700 hours or greater
- 250 hours or greater PIC of a multi-engine aeroplane (MEA) (excluding ICUS & SIM); or 250 hours or greater PIC of a single-engine turbine aircraft greater than 3,400kg MTOW (excluding ICUS & SIM); or 250 hours or greater as a co-pilot in a multi-engine turbine, multi-crew aircraft (excluding ICUS & SIM)
- Current CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Be willing and able to pass drug and alcohol testing
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC); effective 1st July 1997 under the Commonwealth Air Navigation Act, you are required to undertake extensive background and security checks, at your own expense, to establish your eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Hold a current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with Qantas. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!