Hiring Requirements for IndiGo
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi)
Hubs: Chennai International Airport (Chennai), Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai), Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi), Kempegowda International Airport (Bengaluru), Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (Kolkata), Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad), and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (Ahmedabad) with 23 destinations
Origin: The company was founded in 2005 and began operations in 2006.
Values: One of the most reliable airlines in the world
Type Rating A320 Expat:
- Max Age: 62yrs; Pilots must have current ATPL, FRTO, RTR, Class 1 Medical, valid ratings and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Minimum Total Flight Time : 5000hrs ,Minimum PIC on Multi-engine airplanes: 3000 hrs, Min PIC time on A-320 family Aircraft : 1000hrs (current IR/PPC check) ; ICAO English language Proficiency 4 & above, Max age: 62 years at the time of application. Minimum Glass-cockpit experience 1000 hrs
- Minimum flight time 5000 hrs
- Pilot-in -Command (Type Rated) on A- 320; Max Age: 62 yrs; Pilots must have current DGCA ATPL, FRTO, RTR, Class 1 Medical, valid ratings and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Applicants for the role of A320 Trainer should hold DGCA approved trainer status
- Total Flying Experience 3000 hours including 1000 hours on Multi Engine aircraft and line released as PIC on A320.
- Min flight time 3000 hrs
Non Type Rated:
- Pilot-in-Command (Transition); Max Age: 58 yrs as on the date of application and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Total Flying Experience of 3000 hours including PIC experience of at least 500 hours on commercial multi-engine jet with MTOW > 5700 kgs or 1000 hours on non-commercial multi-engine jet with MTOW > 5700 kgs. OR Total flying experience of 3000 hours including PIC experience of at least 1000 hours on commercial multi-engine Turbo prop with MTOW > 5700 kgs or 2000 hours on non-commercial multi-engine Turbo prop with MTOW > 10000 kgs.
- Minimum flight time 3000 hrs
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with IndiGo. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!