Hiring Requirements for British Airways
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Waterside, Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
Hubs: Gatwick Airport (London) and Heathrow Airport (London) with 180+ destinations to more than 70 countries
Origin: The company was founded in 1974.
Values: At the core of our brand lies ‘To Fly. To Serve.’
Position – Captain:
- Currently operating as Captain
- UK EASA Licence (or converted by start date).
- Current MPA rating on an aircraft in excess of 20 tonnes MTOM
- Valid ME Instrument Rating
- Valid Class 1 medical
- Minimum 4000 hours total to include 1500 hours as PIC of a commercial jet/turbo prop multi crew aircraft with a take off weight of 20 tonnes or greater. The 1500 hours will not include any PICUS hours.
- Minimum ICAO Level 4
- E Jet type rating would be desirable although not essential
- Highly flexible, demonstrates a positive approach
- Well-presented and friendly
- Have strong decision-making skills to ensure a satisfactory and enjoyable experience for our highly valued customers
Homepage: British Airways
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with British Airways. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!