Hiring Requirements for ExpressJet
Type of airline: U.S. Regional
Headquarters: College Park, Georgia
Hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth (as American Eagle); Chicago-O’Hare, Houston, and Newark (as United Express) with service to 194 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1986 and began operating in 1987. It is a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc.
- Putting safety first in everything we do
- Treating people with dignity and respect
- Operating with honesty, integrity and transparency in everything we do
- Working smart with commitment to continuous self-improvement
- Taking pride in making sure the job is done right
- Certificates/Ratings: CMEL with Instrument Rating
- ATP Written: Course and written provided by ExpressJet as part of paid training
- Flight Experience:
- Military: 750 hours
- R-ATP qualified: 1,000 or 1,250 hours (FAR 61.159 and 61.160, AC 61-139)
- Or 1,500 hours
- 25 hours ME fixed-wing
- Medical: Ability to hold FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Age: At least 21 years of age
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Background Checks: DOT Background / criminal history / reference check / fingerprints/ National Drivers Record / No excessive check ride failures
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with ExxpressJet. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!