Hiring Requirements for ExpressJet Airlines
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: College Park, Georgia
Hub(s): As American Eagle: Dallas/Fort Worth; as United Express: Chicago-O’Hare, Houston, Newark with 194 destinations
Origin: The company was founded in 1986 and began operating in 1987.
- Putting safety first in everything we do.
- Treating people with dignity and respect.
- Operating with honesty, integrity, and transparency in everything we do.
- Working smart with commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Taking pride in making sure the job is done right.
Education and experience:
- Must be between 21 – 65 years of age as listed in 14 CFR Part 121.383(e)
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
Authorization to work in the United States:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship:
- Valid passport (must be available on the first day of training)
- Travel documents that allow the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the United States (multiple entry status)
Minimum Flight Experience:
- Commercial pilot certificate with multiengine and instrument ratings
- Flight time requirements as listed in 14 CFR Part 61.159 / 61.160
- 1500 total time (1250, 1000, 750 rATP)
- 25 multiengine airplane
Requirements before a job offer can be made:
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Verification of education, background, NDR, criminal history, and reference checks
- DOT/FAA required drug test
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited 4-year college preferred
- Part 121 experience preferred
Homepage: ExpressJet Airlines
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with ExpressJet Airlines. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!