Hiring Requirements for AirAsia
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Hubs: Main hub is Kuala Lumpur International Airport; secondary hubs are Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Penang International Airport, Kuching International Airport, and Senai International Airport with 74 destinations (excluding subsidiaries).
Origin: The company was founded in 1993 and began operating in 1996.
- Safety conscious – A safe airline is a happy airline. Our guests’ safety is our primary concern so we do our jobs with care. Because where safety is concerned, every little thing matters.
- Caring – It’s a warm and friendly feeling to have, so we take pleasure in caring for our guests in ways that make them feel at home.
- Passionate – Being passionate means going the extra mile to achieve a purpose much larger than ourselves. They say passionate people can change the world and that’s something that’s very close to our hearts.
- Full of integrity- We believe everything that is worth doing, is worth doing right. It’s about us doing the right things at all times.
- Hardworking – It means one team, working together towards a common goal. Whether it’s meeting our 25 minute turnaround time or making sure we keep you connected to the best destinations at the lowest prices, we do it as a team. All for one. One for all.
- Fun – Fun means we celebrate life. It means we laugh louder, our smiles are wider, and we can be our own unique selves. We’re a sociable bunch and we enjoy sharing ideas and solutions to make things even better. After all, fun is meant to be shared.
Minimum Requirements for DEC Captain:
- 6000+ hours Total Time
- ICAO FAA JAA ATPL / Class 1 Medical
- Type Rated/Experienced Preferred
- ASEAN Citizens welcomed
NOTE: Thai Air Asia and Indonesia Air Asia hire only their own national pilots. No Expat Positions.
First Officers NOTE: Government of Malaysia only allows Air Asia to hire local First Officers (*no expat First Officer positions).
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with AirAsia. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!