Hiring Requirements for Aer Lingus
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
Hubs: Dublin with bases in Belfast-City, Cork, and Shannon with 93 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1936.
Essential criteria for application:
- Valid EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL)
- Current ME/IR
- MCC qualification
- EASA Class 1 Medical certificate
- 2 verifiable references
- English Language Proficiency level 5 or higher
- Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure
- Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below…
Key Competencies include:
- Highly motivated and keen to take responsibility and accountability
- Strong leadership potential with well-developed teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in English, spoken and written
- Proven Interpersonal skills that fit with the Aer Lingus value
- Broad awareness of our customers’ expectations
- Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change
- An understanding of a pilot’s influence on commercial priorities
- A Safety focus consistent with our ‘Just Culture’ model
- Applicants who hold a current Airbus type-rating
- Multi-crew commercial experience or 500 hours
- Minimum Standards…
Minimum standards everyone must meet:
- You must have the right to live and work in the location you wish to work without sponsorship from Aer Lingus. We will ask you for proof of your eligibility to work if you are selected for an interview.
- Pilots will need to hold a valid passport that allows unrestricted travel worldwide travel
- You will need to pass our security clearance procedure.
- You must be in procession of an EASA Class 1 Medical certificate and ATPL
Homepage: Aer Lingus
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with Aer Lingus. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!