Veteran GI Bill Benefits – Flight Training
Epic Flight Academy is proud to be an approved VA GI Bill flight school for use of United States Department of Veterans Affairs military education benefits.
Prior to beginning pilot training, veterans must ensure that they are enrolled in one of the following chapters in order to be eligible:
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty
- Chapter 33 – Post-9/11
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve
What Flight Training Can My Benefits Be Used Towards?
GI Bill benefits can be used for the following Part 141 flight training courses for veterans pursuing a career as a professional pilot:
- Instrument Rating
- Commercial Single-Engine or Commercial Multi-Engine
- Single or Multi-Engine Add-on
- Certified Flight Instructor – Initial (CFI-A)
- Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII)
- Certified Flight Instructor – Multi-Engine (MEI)
GI Bill benefits may not be used for any portion of training for the Private Pilot Certificate, because obtaining that certification alone does not allow pilots to earn money. The VA is very clear that the GI Bill benefits are only to be utilized in support of education and training that leads to a paying job.
GI Bill Flight Training Eligibility and VA Flight Training Reimbursement
The amount veterans will save in out-of-pocket costs is based on the particular percent of eligibility, which means ideally, you want to find schools that accept the GI Bill and offer additional discounts and perks.
If you’re not sure about your particular percent of eligibility for your military education benefits, contact your regional VA office.
Chapter 30 and 1606: 60% of the total approved charges for the course
Chapter 1607: Between 24 – 48% of the total approved charges for the course
Chapter 33: $12,554.54 per academic year cap regardless of year course is completed
These are the latest rate updates, but this information can change without warning. At Epic Flight Academy, our Admissions Team will assist you in mapping out a GI Bill flight training plan to maximize these benefits and help you achieve your professional pilot career goals.
Additional Veteran Benefits from Epic Flight Academy
- Flight School Application Fee Waived
- Preferential Hiring for a Flight Instructor Employment Positions at Epic Flight Academy