Thank you for your interest in one of our many exciting careers in aviation! Below you can find updated job descriptions and current available positions. If you do not see any open positions for the job type you are interested in we do keep on file resumes for flight instructor jobs and admissions positions.
Senior Accounting Manager
Reports To: CEO and VP
The Senior Accounting Manager will manage, record, update and reconcile fiscal information in compliance with established policies; providing instructions, recommendations to accounting and human resource departments, and to support other departments analyzing expenditures against budget.
- Account reconciliation and analysis: Prepaid Expenses, Deposits, Accrued Expenses, , Leases
- Journal Entries including maintenance of recurring journal entries and allocations
- Coordinate the monthly book close
- Supervise Accounting in all financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control
- Supervise Human Resources with policy, procedures and compliance of all HR rules including health benefit management
- Develop pay structures according to FLSA (CFR) rules within all departments
- Plan, coordinate and execute annual financial audit
- Assist in the compilation of information for the Company’s annual tax returns
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls
- Lead financial planning and budget management functions
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Assist with special projects as required
- Assist VP and CEO with financial reporting as required.
Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA desired
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Excellent communications skills required
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Excel, ADP or compatible payroll systems
- Able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized
Job Type: Full-time
- Account Management: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Certified Accountant/CPA is an asset
Salary commensurate with experience
Send resume and cover letter to HR: Phyllis@epicflightacademy.com
Director of Aircraft Maintenance
Reports to Vice President
Manage, direct and implement aviation maintenance processes for company. Establish and execute
programs which ensure quality efficiencies and cost effectiveness. Plan and control resources &
personnel, to align with company requirements and goals. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve
operations, decrease cycle time and streamline work processes to improve aircraft utilization. Ensure all
FAA regulations and standards are met and exceeded
- Responsible for the continued airworthiness of our aircraft fleet
- Responsible to oversee and perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Maintain all aircraft records and logs
- Review work of subordinates to ensure tasks are correct and complete
- Responsible for aircraft fleet utilization
- Current FAA Airframe and Power plant License
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization
- 10+ Years working in aviation industry
- Associates/Bachelors degree in aviation related field preferred , but not required
- Thorough working knowledge in the repair and maintenance of airframe, hydraulics, fuel systems and aircraft engines of Cessna 172, Piper 44, DA 28 aircraft
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Position requires standing, sitting, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling etc
- Must be able to withstand the elements of heat and cold for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to work in direct contract with multiple aircraft related fluids and lubricants
- Rolling tool box
- General aviation mechanics tool set
Full-Time/Health Benefits/Paid Time off
Salary commensurate with experience
Send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ground/Sim Instructors Needed
- Responsible for accomplishment of aviation instruction to pilots consisting of ground school and simulator training for Initial, Recurrent or generic aircraft training courses.
- Measure training progress of Student/Customers objectively within the established aeronautical curriculum.
- Training tasks will include Lesson Planning, Classroom and Simulator set-up, evaluate progress and performance, issues and problems, and prepare necessary documents and reports, as required.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and scheduling of classroom training.
- Ensure course content meets regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with the Team Manager to ensure standardization.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, error-free training records and documentation.
- Maintain classrooms and other training facilities in a clean, neat condition.
- Continuously review company, industry, government and related publications to keep current on methods, procedures, policies and regulations.
- Maintain a personal appearance, conduct and demeanor consistent with the professional, customer-oriented manner expected of flight crewmember personnel.
- Instruct curriculum segments common to other training programs.
- FAA Private Pilot license
- 1 year of experience in airline or aviation operations or equivalent
- Commercial pilot license with instrument and multi engine ratings and/or Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) license preferred
- Previous airline or aviation classroom teaching experience preferred
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Strong analytical, interpretive and organizational skills
- Ability to multi task
- Good Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and able to work with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work evenings and weekends